Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018
I’ve spent all week thinking about how to even start a post recapping 2017. It was… Amazing. Scary. Incredible. Daunting. Hectic. Wonderful. Unexpected. It turned out not how I thought when it started, but better than I could have ever been expected.
2017 was the year I started my photography business and said goodbye to my safety blanket (aka my full-time job). Was I scared? Heck yeah. Was it worth it? Without a doubt.
I can honestly say I’m the happiest I have ever been. Yes, owning my own business means working my butt off day and night (weekday or weekend), learning all about taxes and accounting (which is a foreign language to me) and having ups and downs (sometimes they’re not equal). But being a photographer is worth it all. I’ve met so many amazing families, couples and fellow photographers, gotten out of my comfort zone more times than I can count and have truly grown as an individual. I’m thankful, blessed and like I said, the happiest I've ever been.
Here are five of the MANY highlights from the year that was and five of my goals for the year that is:
2017 | the year that was
Shooting my first PROPOSAL – yes, bucket list item complete! Now I just need more.
Booking over 20 weddings for 2018 – holla at my amazing 2018 couples, you guys are the BEST and can’t wait for each big day!
- Traveling to UTAH with the amazing Nicole Castonguay – spur of the moment and so worth it. I can’t wait to go back!
- Met all of the puppies – so many couples brought their pups to their session and it was amazing (if you couldn't tell, puppies at sessions are the best).
- Collaborated with a number of amazing vendors for two different styled sessions.
2018 | the year that is
- I’m ready to TRAVEL (more) – whether it be for a couple session, engagement, elopement, intimate wedding or large wedding, I am open to anywhere and everywhere. Check out some of the places on my bucket list (DISCOUNTED pricing for these locations).
- I’m now booking for 2019 with a number of dates already booked, and I’m ready to book more – contact me if you're in the planning process!
- Network, network, network – I love meeting other creatives, and I’m also offering mentor sessions in 2018.
- Collaborate to do one (or two, or three, or more) styled sessions – interested in doing one with me? Let me know!
- Dabble in some more in-home lifestyle sessions – couples, newborn, family…all of the above. Contact me if interested!
To everyone who read this and has followed my journey – whether you started today or started from day one – THANK YOU. You all are incredible, so supportive and make everything I’m doing worth it. I hope 2017 treated you well and hope 2018 treats you even better. Cheers to the new year loves!